Shawls and other Sewn Pieces

Each of the pieces depicted take an extremely long time to sew!  They are hand-sewn -- every single stitch -- with prayer and intention.  As I often use vintage upcycled material to make them, I usually pray to the ancestors as I sew, feeling my gratitude for their patient creation of whatever I am working with (lace doilies, embroidered cloth...).

I only make 1 or 2 per year, simply because of the length of time involved in creation.  Many shawls are reversible, with designs on both front and back.  One side is usually more ornate than the other.  Stitches are "hidden" in the fabric so as not to deter from the other designs and handwork.  This technique, however, is what contributes to the length of time for creation.

Most pieces start at $185. 













Comments

Popular Posts