The Land Dreams in Ceremonies: Reparation Ceremony #11 *Koksilah Ridge*

 



5 Deaths: Upon landing at our new location, a series of difficult experiences began to unfold.  It may sound trite, however when we rely on tools for income and when replacing them is often out-of-reach, the first loss ~ breakage of our only phone ~ was a big deal.  This was followed by a life-threatening illness of our cat, truck break-down, a face-to-face encounter with a cougar who killed two goats on the property, and death of a friend due to Covid complications, all within a few weeks.

The Dream: Following the series of 5 deaths, I was given a serious message in a dream.  I was standing between two small ridges (we were living at the base of one of the ridges), looking up at the great Koksilah Ridge.  The spirit of the mountain spoke directly and authoritatively to my heart.  “You may not even move a teaspoon of soil without the proper protocol, or…” (else…)  It took until the autumn for me to be able to speak to an elder about proper protocol – in the interim, we continued to have very difficult experiences.

Role of Ceremonial Crafts: The ceremonial crafts you see are formed with an understanding of history, tradition, elemental- and energy- healing, plant medicine, life- and seasonal-rites, and symbolism...  Crafting requires technical skill applied within the “rules” or guidelines of ritual making and is an active conversation between crafter, Spirit(s), land, ancestors, and the one whom the piece is intended for.  To work with wrong-intent or mood puts the maker at risk of disconnection from their guiding forces, misfortune, or more…

Proper Protocol: I am learning.  When I had opportunity to go part-way up Koksilah Ridge to address the Spirit of the mountain and the ancestors of place, I introduced: myself, my family, my ancestors; what brought me to these lands; and my intentions.  I brought food offerings and spent time asking for guidance. Utilizing the formal gesture of presenting gifts on a Rushnyk, the Motanka was offering the Pysanka (written with the dream images encircled by my ancestors) to the Spirit of the Ridge during this location’s ceremony.  It was a short-&-sweet ceremony, and a turning point in the challenges.

Shadow Walking: I pray a lot.  Night has become one of my favourite times to address the “Great Mother” – it’s just a personal orientation. Walking amongst trees during shadow-time or gazing at stars and praying is a powerful expression of my gratitude for this place called Mati Zemlya.





Comments

Popular Posts